Resolution 48-02: Before Text
Proposed by: DAVID A. GRINDLE, PGIM, ID; WILLIAM G. SNYDER, PGIM, MO; G THOMAS TAYLOR III, PGIM DE
As it reads:
SECTION 801 LIMITED FORCE OF RESOLUTIONS
- Resolutions which are properly presented and do not add to, repeal, change or modify the Constitution and/or By-Laws of this General Grand Council, nor any Section or Subdivision thereof shall be acted upon except that a majority of the votes cast shall be required for adoption.
- No Resolution shall add to, repeal, change or modify these By-Laws, nor any Section or Subdivision thereof, unless such Resolution shall be presented as an Amendment as provided herein.
- No Resolution shall be considered or acted upon unless it shall be presented in accordance with the provisions herein, provided however, that the provisions of these By-Laws shall not apply to the following Resolutions:
- Resolution to confer honorary membership in this General Grand Council.
- Resolution of gratitude for services rendered and/or acts preformed.
SECTION 802 AMENDMENTS
Amendments to these By-Laws shall be presented and acted upon as provided in ARTICLE XI of the Constitution, except that two-thirds (2/3) of the votes cast shall be required for adoption and shall become effective after the close of the Assembly.
- Format for Proposed Amendments
- Proposed amendments must be in writing, submitted in triplicate, and signed by three (3) members of the General Grand Council of Cryptic Masons, International.
- Proposed legislation will start with a heading that cited the Title of the Section of the By-Laws proposed for change, and the Triennial year it is to be considered.
- The legislation will then list the “Now Reads” portion of the proposal with the entire Section as is currently written in the Code.
- Legislation will then present the “Proposed to Read” portion in the following manner.
- The “Proposed to Read” will again list the entire Section under consideration.
- If there will be no changes to a paragraph or subdivision the text of that paragraph or subdivision will NOT be written out as in the “Now Reads” portion. Instead, the number of the paragraph or subdivision will be listed and the notation, “No change to this paragraph” or “No change to this subdivision” will be made.
- If a change within a paragraph or subdivision deletes any text the existing text with strikethrough. [example]
- If a change within a paragraph or subdivision adds text to the existing text, indicate said change by underlining the new text. [new example]
- The strikethrough and underlining will not appear in the revised By- Laws if the legislation passes. These formats are utilized only to facilitate understanding of the proposed change to the Section of the Constitution.
- Those proposing amendments then would provide a “Rational” portion to the proposal explaining the reasons for the proposed change.