Report of the General Grand Conductor of the Council
Submitted by Gheorgh VÎLCEANU, General Grand Conductor of the Council
“No one can live without friends, even if he possesses all the goods of the world” – Aristotle
Most Puissant General Grand Master David Grindle,
I was appointed as General Grand Conductor of the Council in Portland in 2017.
First, I would like to thank you to Most Puissant David Grindle for the trust that he showed to me. At the same time, I am honored to serve this General Grand Council with the officers of the General Grand Council of Cryptic Masons International and especially under the command of General Grand Master.
I am proud that I worked with people of such a great value from whom I had to learn a lot, and I thank them very much for this experience. It was indeed a high privilege to serve the General Grand Council of Cryptic Masons International.
I hope I fulfilled the mission that I was entrusted by trying to promote always the values of the Cryptic Masons.
As past Regional Deputy Grand Master for Europe, by helping our Companions I acquired more experience and wisdom which helped me a lot to better understand the philosophy of the York Rite in general and our Order in particular.
To keep Cryptic Masons traditions and philosophy was for me an honorable duty. During my mandate, I had a lot of challenges which I solved with the support and wisdom of our brother and companion GGM David Grindle.
During the past 3 years when I served as General Grand Conductor of the Council of the General Grand Council, I was deeply involved in the York Rite work, and I participated in almost all regional conferences in Europe and partially in USA:
-December 2017-Annual Assembly of York Rite in France and annual conference of National Grand Lodge of France
-1st of March 2018-European Conference and Annual Assembly Greek Grand Council of Cryptic Masons in Athens, Greece
– 8th of March 2018-Participated together with GGM David Grindle at Annual Assembly of Portugal York Rite in Lisbon, Portugal
– 6th of April 2018-Annual Assembly of Austrian Grand Council of Cryptic Masons in Wien, Austria;
– 5th of May 2018-Annual Assembly of General Grand Council of Italian Cryptic Masons Napoli Italy
– 9th of June 2018, Annual Assembly of General Grand Council of Romanian Cryptic Masons in Bucharest, Romania ;
– 1st of December 2018-Annual Assembly of York Rite in France and annual conference of National Grand Lodge of France;
– 5th of February 2019-Masonic Week in Washington, USA;
– 28th of February 2019 – 2nd of March-2019 European Conference of York Rite and Annual Assembly of Portugal York Rite in Lisbon, Portugal
– April 2019-Annual Assembly of Austrian Grand Council of Cryptic Masons in Wien, Austria;
– 9th of May 2019-Annual Assembly of General Grand Council of Romanian Cryptic Masons in Bucharest, Romania;
-11th of February 2020-Masonic Week in Washington, USA;
The hard time we had in the last year made the meetings with our brothers impossible at the extraordinary York Rite conferences. However, this should not stop us in making our duty as companions and I assure you that I will have the same commitment in the future.
I end my speech by saying again that I am deeply honored to serve together with Grand Officers like:
David Grindle – General Grand Master;
Monty Glover – Deputy General Grand Master,
Bill Snyder – General Grand Principal Conductor of the Work;
Stephen Balke – General Grand Recorder;
Charles L. Hollinger – General Grand Treasurer;
Norman Draine – Regional Deputy for Europe and so many other companions.
Right Puissant Gheorgh VÎLCEANU
General Grand Conductor of the Council