At times during the Triennial when voting is required, all non-voting Companions will be moved to a breakout room in Zoom. After this is complete, the voting dialog will be presented to the remaining/voting Companions. After the vote is complete and tabulated, the non-voting Companions will be moved back into the main room.
Voting at the Triennial
The general rules regarding delegates are still in place:
- The Grand Council or Subordinate Council must be current with both an annual return and their per capita.
- A member may only represent ONE organization.
- Any proxy or declaration of representation MUST be accompanied by documentation received by the General Grand Recorder.
A decision by the Trustees, to accommodate the electronic medium and facilitate the voting is: ONE MAN ONE VOTE.
- The only real effect is that proxies must be given to someone who is not currently a voting member in their own right, and a proxy may only represent one vote.
- It should also be recognized that each delegate should connect to the meeting separately. Each connection will represent ONE VOTE ONLY.
The following are the authorized delegates.
- Most Illustrious Past Grand Masters that are current members and served while a jurisdiction was an Affiliated Grand Council.
- Dais Officers (Grand Master, Deputy Grand Master, and Principal Conductor of the Work) from an Affiliated Grand Council in Good Standing or their designated proxy.
- These positions are the only positions that allow a proxy.
- The designated Companion of a Subordinate Council in Good Standing (only ONE per Council).
- General Grand Officers